12 Reasons to Ditch Plastic and Go Zero Waste with your Skin Care
Updated: Jul 16, 2020
𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞’𝐬 𝟏𝟐 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐨 #𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞!
1. BPA - a chemical found in plastic they imitates estrogen in the body
2. Dioxin - exposure to dioxin can permanently affect sperm quality and lower the speed count in men. Dioxin is also a carcinogen. Dioxin is found in meat, fish, milk, eggs & butter.
3. Atrazine - a herbicide used on corn corps that has been linked to breast tumors and possibly prostate cancer. Also commonly found in drinking water. To avoid this, buy organic produce and filter your water!
4. Phthalates - linked to hormone changes, lower sperm count, birth defects, thyroid irregularities and more.
5. Perchlorate - An ingredient in rocket fuel that is found in produce and milk. This chemical can disrupt thyroid hormones. Add iodine to your diet to help counter the effects of this chemical.
6. Fire Retardants - many toxic fire retardants can be found in our homes. They can impact IQ, thyroid imbalances and more.
7. Lead - can cause permanent brain damage, miscarriage, high blood pressure, lower sex hormone, etc. Get a good water filter to avoid exposure.
8. Arsenic - can cause skin/lung/bladder cancer, disrupt hormones that help your body process sugar and carbohydrates. Avoid ingesting small amounts with a good water filter.
9. Mercury - can cause direct problems to a woman’s cycle and ovulation. Pick wild salmon or farmed trout to avoid too much mercury.
10. Perfluorinated Chemicals - According to the EWG, 99% of Americans have these chemicals found in their bodies. They are used to make non-stick cookware and can decrease sperm quality, cause thyroid and kidney disease and affect hormone levels. Skip the non-stick cookware and water resistant coatings of clothing and furniture.
11. Organophosphate Pesticides - originally developed by the Nazis for chemical warfare, American scientists used the same chemistry to develop pesticides for insects. Exposure can impact brain development and fertility. Buy organic produce!!!
12. Glycol Ethers - found one paints, cleaning products, brake fluid, cosmetics.
According to the EU, exposure may damage fertility. Children exposed due to paint in their rooms were more likely to have asthma and allergies. Avoid products with 2-butoxyethanol and methoxydiglycol.
Sources: EWG.org and Heartline.com
I’ve been using Dew Mighty’s Bloom Jelly Serum Bar for the past couple of weeks and my skin is happy happy! Use the code 𝟐𝟎𝐃𝐄𝗪𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 for 20% off your first dynamic duo Stater Kit ⚡️
𝘋𝘦𝘸 𝘔𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘺’𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘦𝘭𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦, 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦, 𝘷𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦!
Win, win, win 🙌